View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
Kmswilson

Re: Questions on how you feel on Lapatinib and Xeloda

I cannot thank you enough for your reply. It's such a relief to hear from someone who has been on this one that it is manageable. With a 5-1/2 year old son, and an almost 3-year old daughter, I was so afraid I'd be miserably sick for the whole two weeks on the Xeloda and not have much quality time with them. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and give me such good information! I have my last WBR treatment this morning, and then I start the Tykerb next Wednesday, and the Xeloda two weeks from today. I'm anxious to get started since it's already been 5-1/2 weeks since I've had any chemo, and I'm terrified the cancer is running rampant through my liver again! I hope the new combo you started in January does the trick for you and you're feeling well! Thanks again!
12/27/10 - IDC, rt breast (approx. 15 cm), lymph nodes, age 36. 1/7/11 - stage 4 IDC, extensive liver mets, Bone mets (spine, sacrum, rib, sternum, upper arm), ER-/PR-, HER2+++; 1/12/11 - port, 1/17/11- startweekly Taxol/Herceptin, monthly Zometa
3/8/11- decrease in all tumors, bones healing. 3/11- 3 wks on/1 off Taxol/Herceptin, +Zometa
6/6/11 - decrease in all tumors, healing bones, 2-4 new liver lesions. 3 wks on/1 wk off Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, +Zometa
7/29/11 - liver progression, others stable; 8/11-drop taxol/carbo, start Navelbine
12/11 - liver progression; begin AC, drop Herceptin;
1/12 - liver enzymes normal, 2/6 results show regression in liver, stable others, but 9 tiny brain mets (largest 7 mm). Begin 13 WBRs 2/6; 2/29-start Tykerb, 3/7, start Xeloda
5/2012- liver progression and regression, liver biopsy confirms HER2+++. drop Xeloda, start Herceptin, Tykerb, Zometa.
5/2012- brain MRI shows all lesions gone except 1, 2mm shrinking!
Kmswilson is offline   Reply With Quote