View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
Elizabeth1227

Blood clot from Herceptin?????

Hi Everyone,

Well, I hung in there and am getting my herceptin even though the first three infusions caused depression , especially the third infusion. My depression subsided. I only get 7 days of severe fatigue and diarrhea after the infusion. But on April 21st I now have a blood clot in my leg and then my veins started bulging in my hands, forearms, and feet. No swelling just the veins bulging. I had a doppler done (vein ultra sound) and I was put on daily injections of a blood thinner (Lovenox). Eventually they will wean me off the lovenox and put me on cumadin (another blood thinner). Has anyone heard of getting blood clots from herceptin? I am suppose to be on the infusions until September. I get an infusion every three weeks. My echo of my heart I get every three months shows no heart damage. The last echo was April 22. I am 58 years old and am on no other medications. My oncologist ( who works at UCLA medical center where they invented herceptin) said that herceptin does not cause blood clots but I went on the internet and saw that it can cause blood clots. So I am afraid to continue with herceptin and afraid to stop the herceptin. HELP. I appreciate any input you an give me.

Thank you, Elizabeth
Elizabeth1227 is offline   Reply With Quote