View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #15
Linda

Karen and Ceesan:
Hi. You are all so generous to reply. It really helps.
Ceesan: I'm glad you are doing well and having such a good response. If you don't mind, I'd love to know how you feel. Are you able to carry on your normal life on that drug regimen? I've read quite a bit about Xeloda, but don't know as much about Navelbine. Good luck. Please keep me informed.

And Karen: For your info; I'd had pre treatment staging scans (clear except for the breast and axillary nodes,) and then had full scans a second time after I finished chemo/surgery/radiation, basically because my onc was nervous, since I'd had a less that great response to neo adjuvant chemo. The post radiation scans were NED, although there was a stable lung spot (also there on my pre treatment scan) that they just wanted to rescan in 8 months as a precaution. I thought I was out of the woods, and I feel great -- no symptoms at all. The spot they were watching was indeed nothing (some old scar -- very common,) but a New spot showed up. Ugh. So, that's the panic. It's still possible that it's benign, but I'm preparing myself.
Don't assume, though, that you are headed for the same scenario. We're all different and there are LOTS of women that don't recur. And being er/pr+ is a big advantage. I wish you the best. Thanks for your posts.
Linda.
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote