Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #22
Cathya

I just started back to work this week (two days for three weeks, three days for the next three weeks, etc.) after being off for 14 months. I work in the securities industry selling stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and offering financial advice. I work with my brother so it's kind of nice. If we ever disagree we close the door, have it out and then forget all about it. He was very upset when I was diagnosed and keep all of our clients in touch with my treatments by posting info on our weekly market updates. Now I'm getting lots of calls and it's great. I graduated university with a BSc in microbiology 30 some years ago. I am a single parent with two kids in university about an hour away. My daughter Amanda is 21 and studying political science and human rights. My son Richard is 19 and studying Mass communications. He's not crazy about that though and being an extreme extravert would like to go into Radio and TV arts in Toronto. I live in a small town near my parents...85 year old mom and 87 year old dad...both extremely healthy....mom's a small bowel cancer survivor and went through chemo 13 years ago. They have been taking me to appointments, bringing me home made soups, etc. I often have to laugh that at my age (56) I'm still being taken to appointments by my parents. My other brother is a retired police officer...now a PI and head of security for the NHL team in Ottawa. Living along the St. Lawrence River we have the highest rates of cancer in Canada I understand. I know two women going through treatment for IBC in our town of 5000. BUT....life is good and somehow better since I've been diagnosed. I just take the time to enjoy it I guess. I am so grateful for this site and all of you. Super idea.
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote