View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #67
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
My Head Is Bowed...

Cold shivers covered me as I read your words Karla. Bless you for bringing them to us all just the same. Maryls seemed to post precisely what is in my heart. Her words are the same as mine.

I cannot stop myself from still praying for a miracle. It is my nature. Kate's extraordinary courage and strength, and her ever positive Spirit, seem to embrace something divine. She emanated an energy that reflects a supreme Knowing. The beauty of her grace staggers me ever time.

If it is time for our sweet Sister Kate to return home, to what I call the Spiritual Realm, it comforts me to Know that she will be at peace, free of all pain and suffering. I Know her struggle will be ended and that her Soul will still be! I do not believe death is the end of our story. All the Lessons Kate gathered in this lifetime will go with her. And all the loving kindness that she has left behind will remain, in our hearts and minds. That wondrous energy will grow exponentially as it goes out from each of us, remembering her unique qualities worthy of seeking to emulate as we go on.

I Know there are those Kate loves dearly who are already in Heaven, waiting with open arms to greet her and revel in her. Surely her son is there, having gone on ahead of her, too soon for sure, yet having learned Life's Lessons well.

However, if it is possible, I would ask that she remain with us, with her beloved family, her darling daughter and adored grandson. So I will continue to pray. And to surely send my love to my friend Kate and to all those who hold her in the highest esteem as well.

With Hugs,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote