View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #37
Debbie L.

Re: Finally - a Vaccine Trial for me!

As always, such an interesting discussion. I appreciate the learning -- both about the relative ease with which people have found support ($$) to help them access trials, and about the many different trials and the details of them. Where else (but on this forum) could we hear so much about cutting-edge research and those who are helping to move it forward?!

Thanks to all!

I will add that I returned on Sunday from a project LEAD workshop in Seattle, where I had the pleasure to hear Lupe Salazar speak. Nora Disis was faculty at my first Project LEAD program in 2003. NBCC's Project LEAD programs always have strong faculty. Are you interested? They now offer two LEAD (science of breast cancer for advocates) formats -- a 2.5 day "workshop" for people to get their feet wet, and a 5-day "institute" which is more intense and delves much deeper. There is an international version, too -- it's not just limited to the US. It is an excellent opportunity both to learn more about breast cancer, to explore advocate opportunities, and to network with lots of amazing and wonderful women. I was going to post something about this when I first got back, but the NBCC website does not have the 2012 LEAD program schedule posted yet so I decided to wait. However, at the mention of Lupe Salazar, Nora Disis, and UofW, I am too tempted to chime in. Here's the website link but if you're interested, wait a bit and check back so you can see if there's a class that fits your schedule.
http://www.breastcancerdeadline2020.org/learn/

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote