View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 08:12 PM   #10
Pat94

Re: Anyone taking/taken Taxotere and Carboplatin with Herceptin???

I had TCH in fall, 2014. Had infusions on Wednesdays and SEs started Friday nights. At 1st I was able to work Thursday & Friday plus the next 2 & 1/2 weeks. I started with vomiting & diarrhea after the 1st infusion. Lost hair starting in 3rd or 4th week. Vomiting controlled to nausea with multiple prescription drugs by 3rd infusion. Diarrhea controlled by Imodium. Kept nausea until a few weeks after chemo ended & one day it was suddenly gone. Had vision damage early on and that got progressively worse. I am still dealing with it a year later. Developed anorexia - I liked it but the doctors were really upset - just swallowing 4 potassium pills took me an hour. By the 5th I was so weak I used a wheelchair for getting around. Honestly, I was obese and rarely exercised before all this started so I wasn't in great shape to start. Then I threw 2 blood clots - leg & lung. That caused lymphedema. Now it has been a year. Still see an ophthalmologist at least monthly; use eye drops (Restasis & serum drops made from my blood) 8 times a day. Have to wear compression garments on both legs and one arm almost every day. Neuropathy started around the 3rd infusion - hands, ankles, and fingertips. Barely any left in fingers but have enough left in my feet & ankles to be aware of it constantly but it is not painful. My med oncologist thought my SEs were so severe she lowered the dose for my 5th infusion and cancelled the 6th. Fortunately, very few have such severe complications. 11 months after my last infusion I was able to go on a long vacation - East Coast to Hawaii, walk every day, climb over volcanic trails, revel in the beauty. Choosing to work hard at living paid off for me.
Pat94 is offline   Reply With Quote