View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
europa

Tamoxifen warning

I went through something horrific last week and wanted to share since it could happen to anyone taking Tamoxifen.
As many of you know Tamoxifen can cause uterine cancer, tiny chance, but it can happen. So Sunday night I was getting into the shower when I noticed I was spotting. This is weird for me because I have not spotted or had a period in years...since chemo. So I called my doctor who was not too concerned but wanted me to pop in the next day for an ultrasound. I woke up the next morning to what looked like a horrible miscarriage. There was blood everywhere and I was losing it fast...like it was pumping out of me. I called my doctor who obviously had me come in. I don't think they understood the volume I was describing because I'm sure they would of asked me to call the ambulance. I drove myself to the hospital (which was a HUGE mistake), I was in no state to do so. My doctor performed an ultrasound and found nothing. So then the tests started, did I have a miscarriage, could it be my thyroid, maybe it was a period...blah blah blah. I was losing blood during all the blood work and inquisitions. Finally they performed a scan where they blew up my uterus with saline. And there on the screen was a large polyp. So there was the answer. However when they took out the clamp and other gadgets it created a massive blood Avalanche and that was it. I went into convulsions and was rushed into the ER and then into emergency surgery. They did a DNC and got rid of the polyp. But now I am left with a decision, should I stay on Tamoxifen for 7 more years and face this again potentially or should I start getting Lupron or Zoladex shots again and switch to Arimidex. By the way, I had horrible side effects from Zoladex. I lost a lot of hair, gained 17 pounds in three weeks and broke out in menopausal acne.
This is the second DNC they've done. The last one was in February. I was experiencing painful cramps and they found 4 polyps...all benign.

Thoughts?
Stage 2B +++ ER+(10%), PR+(5%), HER2+++(1 positive node, 1 micromets to second node)
AC started 12/2011 ended 1/2012
Taxol + Herceptin weekly for 12 weeks ended 4/2012
30 zaps of radiation done 6/2012
Tamoxifen 6/2012
every 3 weeks of Herceptin for another year.
Metformin Trial 8/12
10/12 MRI- CLEAR
01/13 BRAIN MRI- CLEAR!
01/13 Neck MRI- CLEAR!
FINISHED HERCEPTIN 1/9/2013...Woot Woot
Starting Walter Reed Vaccine Trial 2/13
CT Scans + ultrasound of abdomen CLEAR-5/13
02/2015 through 11/2015 emergency D&Cs for Tamoxifen induced uterine polyps which caused uncontrollable hemorrhaging
12/2015 blood clot to left leg caused by Tamoxifen. No longer taking it. On Xarelto, a blood thinner
12/2015 Ablation to prevent hemorrhaging from potential issues with Tamoxifen residue in my system
1/2016 continuing journey without hormonal therapy. Reevaluating the option of a hysterectomy and oopherectomy.
4/1/2018 2mm stroke. Yes, stroke! No cause ever found but they believe it was a migraine that went bonkers and created a tiny clot. No deficits. I was back to normal with 24hrs. Now on baby aspirin for life.
7/27/2018 hysterectomy and oopherectomy
01/07/2019 Mastectomy and expanders put in
3/22/2019 Vtach, almost died. Cause unknown.
7/22/2019 New perky boobs put in
7/21/2020 Off of all drugs but a baby aspirin because of the stroke in 2018.

www.mychemobag.org
www.facebook.com/mychemobag

8 YEARS NED
europa is offline   Reply With Quote