View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 07:16 PM   #11
Ginger

Thanx everyone. My Dx was invasive ductal Grade II/III. I'm new at this so i'm tryin to answer everyone at one time. Today didn't feel anything in the rib this morning...so pain may be gone .... I also had pain in the sternum area when I was first diagnosed back in JUL 2003. It was pretty scary. Haven't had it since my surgery/treatment except for a teeny bit lately. I had a bone scan then (July 2003) which was neg. I've been told it may have been Costochondritis (inflam of where ribs join the sternum...form of arthritis) and stress. My arthritis Dr. keeps asking about the bone scan I had. but doesn't suggest another one. I think I need a 2nd opinion from another oncologist. The one I have doesn't seem to think I ever have any symptioms or any need to get any tests whatsoever. ALtho the rib stuff started after the last time I saw him I've mentioned my back pain and he seems to think if worse when I first get up in morning probably arthritis. And no need for tests. So, my gyn who i've only been to twice in my life (after my cancer) is the only one right now who is willing to order any tests for me. I'm still a little confused as to which would be better....PET, CT or bone scan. He seems to think PET. Anyway, I know I should do something soon....and then I put it off again today. Thanks again and all the best to everyone. Will let you know what happens.