View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #12
Juls

Re: How Often Do You Go For Scans?

Unfortunately not easy to do here.
You are assigned a Consultant but you don't see them at every appt. Not a complaint - just the way it is.
The only reason I got out of local hospital was that the Oncologist, who saw me 3 months after my op, was not happy with the way I had been treated & he went out of his way to get me on a trial at his main hospital.
Unfortunately he is at local hospital on the day I am at the City Hosp., so I haven't seen him for over 3 years! A pity because I liked him!
I could move back there but would have to leave a great nursing team. They are the reason I stay. My Nurse Practitioner is the nurse that the staff want if they are patients!

I have had a few problems with tests etc and lack of info. This week I saw another Oncologist who let me see my Ct report and x -rays. This is only the 4th time in 3 1/2 years. When I mentioned that I found this interesting and informative. Her reply "Maybe we should ask patients if they want to see reports & not assume all patients don't want or can't handle this!"
Seems sensible to me !!

Juls
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote