Thread: love from kenya
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 05:55 AM   #4
Mary Jo

Hi Christie,
Thank you for joining us. Such a pretty lady you are with an infectious smile.
I'm sorry breast cancer had to touch your life but it sounds as if your attitude is ready for the fight and you know the One who has your life in His Hands.
Christie, are you getting a Neulasta shot the day after your chemo? Are you receiving your chemo every other week (dose dense) or every 3 weeks? I received my chemo (also A/C) every other week (dose dense) and received a Neulasta shot 24 hours after to help build up my white blood cells. I never got sick and was able to stay on schedule for my chemo treatments because my blood work was always favorable. Just a thought for you to talk to your doctor about....if you are not receiving this.
Please come back and join us often.......never hesitate to ask questions or share your fears. We've all been their and understand totally. There is nothing better than getting encouragement and love from those who "get it!"
Love to you Christie and may God hold you close and surround you and your family with His peace as you journey down the road you are on. Also, I ask God to protect your body from your chemo treatments but to let the chemo do what it is intended too - to kick those nasty cells to the curb.
Love to you Christie,
Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06