View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 07:14 AM   #12
madubois63

I can't begin to thank you.
You are so welcome...
Your post has given me hope that I can actually beat this!
Of course you can beat this. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!! They keep trying to tell me I'm on my way out, and I just keep laughing in their faces!!! Attitude is half the battle. It gets hard, but you have to hold on to what is important and only allow yourself a little self pity at a time.
I will be starting Gemzar/Carboplatin next week. I will ask her about the tykerb.
I know carboplaten, but haven't had the others. I've had some pretty nasty stuff and have made it through. You can too.
I am going to look into the disibility. It's just that working is what takes my mind off of all of this and keeps my life somewhat normal.
Apply for the disability. it is good to have the back up. I am single and don't have another salary to fall back on. I worked through my first round of chemo (6 years ago) and only missed a few days of work - helped my sanity like you say. But when I had the surgery, I left work then did the month of radiation. When I was all done, I continued to collect the disability and was able to return to school and change careers (finally doing what I really wanted to do). Because of the cancer, the state paid for my school. Four years later when I had the relapse, it was REALLY serious and I didn't have the strength to work, my disability was already opened. It may not be the right thing for you, but think about it. It really saved me.
I am actually switching onc as of this week. I am going to the City of Hope a cancer research center here and I feel good about that.
You have to trust your onc. If you have a bad feeling - move on!
I would like to hear more about your story. I will email you this week.
http://hometown.aol.com/madubois63/m...e/profile.html
This is my story up until April of last year. A lot has happened since then - leukemia. I need to update.
They put my port in yesterday, so moving my neck.
You will get use to the port and it is such a good thing. My veins are so shot from all the chemo.
Did you have pain with your IBC?
When it first started, I had shooting pains that didn't last long at all. The surgeries hurt like any other surgery, but there was no long lasting pain that I could attach to the IBC.
I would be doing better without the constant reminder.
I'm not sure what reminder, but just look slightly above it. Try to keep the cancer just below your conscienceness/eye sight. It will always be there, but it is NOT who you are and it is NOT your whole life. Don't let it consume you.
oh well, I look forward to seeing results.
So do I!
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
-:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´
-:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:-
((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote