View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #50
PinkGirl

Chrisy, Chrisy, Chrisy,

And PinkGirl - has it occurred to you that there are bc survivors passing you on the sidewalk every day and you just don't know it.

So now you are assuming that we have sidewalks in Canada???? I had to google parrotheads. I've always liked Jimmy Buffet but had never heard of a parrothead. Now I know.

Just between you and me, I'll tell you what my problem is with the discussion in this thread. I admit that I have always thought that breast cancer isn't a good thing to get because lots of women die from it. Don't know where I got that idea but that's what I've always thought. Now, the optomists in our group are trying to set me straight. So now I'm wondering why we are always crossing our fingers, sending good vibes and praying for each other.
Why are we all basket cases when we're having scans? I took out my garage door while waiting for MRI results. If all of us here have had surgery, chemo, radiation, on tamox. or an AI, then we probably won't recur, right? But we keep on being scared and we post about mind/body stuff and how to meditate and relax and handle our stress from this disease. Has that all been for nothing??? According to what I've read on this thread, the majority of us are not going to recur; we're going to live to be little old ladies and die from something else. I am confused.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 08-01-2008 at 07:17 PM..
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote