Thread: Survivor Survey
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #68
Chelee

Andrea, I recently finished my yr of herceptin & wanted to *continue* it till I hit at least the two yr mark. Especially since I could not have radiation. My ECHO's have stayed good...last one was 69. So my onc said one yr is all I need & studies show less may be better. But they have agreed to let me go to get a 2nd opinion on this which is June 15th.

I have heard of so many other stage III'ers & IV stage that stayed on herceptin & are doing great & staying NED or stable. I can't help but think thats due to herceptin alone? I can't help but be concerned that they would rather NOT tell us more is better because of the cost to the insurance companies? (I might be wrong..JMHO.) If all us her2 gals stayed on herceptin for yrs that would be very expensive. But as you mentioned...you don't take meds away from someone with blood pressure problems or that is a diabetic. So I have to wonder about this? I sure hope I get the ok to go back on it...I know the risk to the heart but it should be my choice.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote