Thread: love from kenya
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #53
naturaleigh

Jambo

Maryanne,

I do believe that Africa is a healing place. I know that every country is God's country, but you can truly feel his presents there. When I went in 1989 and stepped off that plane, I never felt like a stranger and it was if that is where I was supposed to be. I decided as I was there, that this is where my final resting place would be. Their way of life is so down to earth and unhurried. "There is never any hurry in Africa", that is what our tour drivers would say every time something did not happen as it was supposed to, which happens often in Africa!! That is part of it's magic .

At the Mari the only trees were the lone Acacia Trees. One of my favorite pictures is of two giraffes spaced perfectly apart with the Acacia tree in the middle, one walking away from the acacia tree and one walking towards the tree.

I did not buy any of the Maasi women's bead work, though they were beautiful. I did buy a picture of giraffes made from bananna leaves, and a few animal figures made from soap stone. I passed up so many things up that I wanted to buy, like the bead jewelry so that I could buy a tanzanite ring which comes from Tanzania. My next trip there I do want to go to the Ngorogora crater.

I promised my nephew I would take him there one day, I just might have to make it soon!

er, pr-, Her2+++
Stage 2b, grade 3
negative nodes
4 rounds AC
3 months of weekly taxol
1 yr of Herceptin
Finish Herceptin May 2007
35 rounds of Radiation
Reconstruction completed Dec 2007
Implant replaced due to infection Mar 2008
4 Years NED!!!
naturaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote