View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #21
tricia keegan

Re: What is measurement date for 5 yr mark?

Thank you Rhonda, I couldn't have said it better and you expressed exactly what I meant when posting and I'm pleased we both are still doing well and enjoying life nine years later.

'Lizbeth, I bear you no ill will and was only referring to early stages like myself, I don't respond to stats at all as feel we all respond differently and are more than a number and pray all our members here whatever their stage, do gain from the new drugs out there since I was dx in 2005. I'm sure the stats anyway have gone up since 2005 but thats what my Onc told me at that time. If I was mistaken I do apologize but we shouldn't come down hard on anyone for posting anything here they perceive to be true, I really never claimed to be an Oncologist and just post what I perceive to be true, if you have an issue with it thats fine and if new info is there since I was dx feel free to correct me.

However your attitude I feel does deter people from posting (particularly newbies) here sadly and that is an issue we never have had on this site and it sadden's me to see it now.

Joe often e mailed me saying how happy he was that this site had reached far shores and so glad people all over the world were gaining support from it, I don't comment often but agree with Rhonda that it's important we keep the site running as he and Christine would have wanted it to be, I hope you agree and think thats all I'm going to say on the matter and will leave this thread to respect his wishes, you may want to do the same even if you didn't know him.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!

Last edited by tricia keegan; 12-06-2014 at 06:15 PM..