View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #36
'lizbeth

Re: I Need a Pep Talk...Very Discouraged Today

Oh I wish I had see this ages ago. I remember in 1998 when they told my husband he had 6 months to live with his leukemia. We lived large, eating out at the nicest restaurants, going on exotic vacations, he taught me to fly the big twin - in case anything would happen, skiing, etc. Two years later I told him we had to quit this and go on a diet, it was obvious he wasn't dying.

14 years later his doctor shakes his head and says according to your blood tests you should be really, really sick. Just keep doing what you are doing . . .

The biggest lesson I learned is don't live like you plan to die soon, you need to plan for living a long and happy life.

I hope your doctor is a terrible at prognosticating like ours!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote