View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
Shaysmom

Re: Enrolled in T-dm1 Teresa trial

Sorry for not getting back, I had a rough few months and wasnt able to get up to our main computer just online with my phone and couldnt get on here.

The Gemzar is keeping me stable after 4 cycles and two sets of scans. Cancer ran wild while I was off treatmnet for two months so its a challenge to get ahead of it but stability is good!!!

But my oncologist spoke directly to the person running the TERESA trial and they are going to open up crossover, meaning "if" or when the Gemzar stops working they will allow me to have TDM1. They aren't opening up cross over in all their trial but decided to in this one b/c we are in he "salvage" setting with few options left for Her2.

Add that to PERJETA™ (pertuzumab) being approved. Even though it said as first line, My oncologist said they can use it off label. The U of Penn will have it end of summer she said.

So from my hopeless post in March, I have added two new treatments to my arsenal. Gemzar is keeping cancer stable and has given me back my quality of life. I am eating again, off IV nutrition and my weight is stable.
I got to see my son graduate 6th grade. Which since being here for high school graduation seems like a long shot, was very meaningful for me. He turns 12 in July and I will celebrate my 5th wedding Anniversary in August and would love to take a mini vacation to shore or Lancaster this summer. So I am hoping to stay stable for awhile.
I feel lucky and blessed to be here. I was considering hospice in March.
Thank you so much for your support and help.
10/02 dx with mets to ovaries
10/02-10/09 Herceptin, cancer NED or stable
11/09 dx mets for 3cm medisternal mass,
start Xeloda and Herceptin
07/10 dx with mets to adrenal gland and suspicious nodules in pleural stay on Xeloda and watch
11/10 more progression
12/10 start Abraxne Herceptin once week 3 weeks one week off.
10/6/11 PET showed adrenal is very active and new mets in internal mammary
11/1/11 Start tykerb and Aromasin
2/2012 endo dx stomachmets.
3/2012 randomized to non tdm1 arm of Teresa trial.
Started Gemzar
7/27/2012 progression but too small to switch
9/10/2012 now new lymphnode b/w stomach and liver off Gemzar Still no TDM1 crossover
10/3/2012. started perjeta, herceptin, taxotere
12/2012 losing weight from constant big D, scans are stable
1/3/2013 start TDM-1 xover for Teresa trial.
Shaysmom is offline   Reply With Quote