View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Westcoastgirl

Endocrine Therapy?

Hi all, a gathering of our ER+ information into one thread would be very helpful for many of us. Length of and type of endocrine therapy seems to be a hot topic of conversation and comes up often in different discussions. I know some of you are finished after 5 years and some continue on. It would be most helpful if we could chime in here and share what we are doing, planning to do, and have done. Please include the anti-ER/AI drug you are on, the length of time you are planning to endure, whether you are pre or post menopausal, and possibly your ER+ status. I think this would help a lot of us when approaching our Oncologist as to what we want to do in the present and future. Many of us are told it will be 5 years but feel we need some ammunition to talk to our Onc to perhaps extend our 5 years and some of us can't wait to be finished at 5 years. Thanks, Carolyn. My sharing....ER+ status moderate, menopausal, have been on Femara (Letrozole) for 3 years and my onc says I will stop at 5 years. I thought I wanted to stop at 5 years but current information is making me question that.
1/15/09 double mastectomy/skin sparing; no evidence of vascular/lymphatic invasion, 8neg/8 nodes (tumor 8.0mm)
2/16/09 given portacath/removed 4/30/10
2/18/09 "surprise" 2.0mm tumor/positive borders~
completed 28 rads 10/09.
2/23/09 until 4/19/10~treatments every 3wks (4 Cytoxan + Adriamycin, 4 Taxol + Herceptin, 13 Herceptin alone)
8/09 osteoporosis diagnosis/Zometa 3 yrs of 1x/6 months
Chemo side effects; Deafness, kidney function loss
11/09 began Aromatase Inhibitor (Femara)/Feb2014, stopped Femara early/after 3 mos began Tamoxifen for 8 mos to complete 5 years
11/10 Reconstruction, directly to silicone implants
12/11 nipples by skin graft/Right breast size reduced

I have heard th
ere are troubles of more than one kind

Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me!
Dr. Seuss
Westcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote