View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
Chelee

Re: Feedback please..

Emelie, That is fantastic news for just eight wks! I'm up doing the happy dance for you...way to go. Woo hoo. The only thing that I would personally change if it was me--I would want to continue on Herceptin especially since you have responded so well to this combo.

Did your onc give you a reason for wanting to only give you Herceptin for such a short time? Why would he want to stop that? I would not want to wait till something "pops up". Herceptin might be the one drug to keep you NED so you don't have to deal with this again. You could always get a 2nd opinion and see what another onc has to say about this? But that is great news---go out and celebrate. (It has to be your decision...but after you complete the 12 wks of Taxol...I would really think twice about staying on Herceptin.) Thanks for sharing such good news!

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote