View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 02:30 PM   #19
Shadowpilot

Lightbulb

Thanks Bonnie for bringing in that perspective. I will give it some thought from this angle.

I have to say that if the chance of recurrence was higher this decision would be easier. I believe the body has a natural ability to heal itself. That what we take in and surround ourselves with is about supporting, encouraging and nourishing this ability. I am having a hard time fitting the "toxicity" of chemo into this framework of thinking. I know that it is helping the body to fight against the cancer cells but it seems to me there must be other more "glass half full", and less systemically challenging ways to support the healing process. An Oncologist told me I could reduce the chance of recurrence 20% by eating a low animal fat diet with increased fruits and vegetables. I know there are targeted therapies. For it is Herceptin but they won't give it without the Chemo.

We don't hear much from women who choose the natural (non western medicine) route. Why is that? Are you out there? I would like your input too.

Thanks for listening and sharing.

Shadowpilot is offline   Reply With Quote