View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #58
Rich66

Update: Had scans and bloodwork Monday afternoon but ended up going to the ER late that night for chills/fever. Got antibiotics and temp went down quickly. No word on what caused it, blood counts good. Consult regarding Spheres at another facility put off again.
Mom has been continuing on Xeloda since mid October
Liver function tests and CA27 continue to improve.
But...
The scans show no change in liver but 1 possible new 3mm in lung and one previous 1.2cm now 1.7cm. The 3mm is noted as to be small enough to be missed earlier due to calibration etc. One other is basically the same.
This since 11/28 scan. Now..the earlier scan was done at a different facility but...
Is measurable growth of any sort what one calls progression?
I am also concerned that she had an appt. lined up for Friday to discuss things but the onc came to her room briefly before I was at the hospital and said that the appt. woul dbe cancelled. Mom asked if he head seen the scans and he said he hadn't yet..though I notice the ER report referred briefly to the expanding nodule.
The 11/28 scan was thought to be signs of multiple improvements in the lungs so this seems like a bad turn. I will crash in mom's room tonite so as to be there when the onc makes his early rounds.
Any thoughts folks? Funny how quickly the wise cracks can leave you.

Mom's treatment history (link)
Rich66 is offline   Reply With Quote