Thread: Liver Enzyme ?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #17
Sandra in GA

Re: Liver Enzyme ?

This past May I had a little scare. My emzymes were slightly elevated - 5 points above the top normal. I didn't think anything about it, but my onc did. he scared the beejeebies out of me. After asking if I was taking Tylenol and my telling him "no", he said he wanted to see me in a month and do scans. Then he changed that and said, "Let's make it two months. That way if something is there, it will give it time to grow."

That shook me up. I very rarely have a glass of wine and could not think of what could be causing this. As soon as I got home, I started researching what is processed in the liver. All vitamins are. I learned that vitamin A, E, and D could especially cause increases in liver enzymes. I was taking a multivitamin along with 5,000 units of vit D for my bones. I stopped all vits and when I went back all the scans were clear plus my enzymes had dropped in half.

Pink girl, could it be your vitamins?
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote