View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 06:29 AM   #58
Barbara H.

Herceptin has been easy for me. I had fever and chills from the first loading dose. My nose runs a bit more and is crusty and my nails are not great. Sometimes I am a little tired the next day. However, I have to say that if I didn't know that I was on Herceptin, I probably wouldn't even notice these slight symptoms. That is not the case with Navelbine and Zometa which I currently take for minor bone mets which have popped up. I really get achy from Zometa and fatigue and aches from Navelbine. Last week my chemo nurse advised me to take 3 advil the first night I received Zometa and three the next morning. I teach third grade, and went to school the next day and did fine. Advil seems to do the trick to make it through the first few days. Two years ago I didn't have bone mets, but had it everywhere else, liver, lungs, nodes throughout, and skin mets. Herceptin alone got rid of all of that until March of this year when my tumor markers were starting to rise and bone mets were confirmed. I just hope that I am now not resistant to Herceptn. My CEA is currently 1.3 and CA27-29 is currently 20 so the combo I am currently on seems to be working. I just want to be able to get off the Navelbine at some point because it really has done a job on my blood counts. I think Herceptin is like other drugs and food. There are common reactions, but drugs and food can affect different people differently.
Best wishes,
Barbara Holz
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote