View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 08:05 AM   #52
SandyR

I began herceptin in November 2005 with taxotere when I finished chemo with adriamycin/cytoxin. When I finished taxotere January 2006, I continued on with herceptin every 3 weeks and will continue until November 2006 (Stage IIA-B, HER2+++, ER/PR-). I finished rads mid April 2006....I teach first/second grade full time and try to exercise as much as possible.
I gained 35 pounds from August (time of diagnosis and beginning treatment) through December, but then through diet and exercise, lost 17 pounds. I am at a point now that I cannot seem to lose any more of the weight....although I have started back playing indoor soccer 2 X each week, teaching full time, and riding my bicycle to work! My weight gain is also mostly around my middle....I have never had a belly in my life and now it is huge!

I also have swollen hands and feet....nose bleeds each morning....and some nasal conjestion....my knees and feet ache....feet ache particularly when I first get up to walk....chemo brain....and the smell after infusion is gross!

I also am a stockholder of Genentech....and am thankful for herceptin!~
I have never been asked anything about my lifestyle or symptoms by anyone...THANKS FOR ASKING!!!!
SandyR is offline   Reply With Quote