View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 03:21 AM   #39
carykim

Re: Neratinib Clinical Trial

Took so much immodium on day 3 (when the diarrhea first started) that I was stopped up and bloated day 4.

Day 5 I was back to wishing for diarrhea to get some relief from the unbearable constipation! Careful what you wish for. It started right after dinner last night, but I figured I'd wait to start the immodium in case it was a one time bout. Ha. Had three more "experiences" in the bathroom and took 2 immodium, then one more with the next loose movement and passed out from exhaustion.

It's 2 in the morning on Day 6, and I'm up with that gurgling belly that's been a precursor to the runs each time. I wonder how long I can last on this constipation-diarrhea roller coaster.

I did also get dry heaves and severe hiccups on day 4 when I had the post-immodium-overdose constipation. Almost as if being stopped up on the bottom was forcing it to try to come up instead, but it was too far down my digestive tract.

I wonder if this would be happening if it was delivered via infusion like Herceptin? Maybe oral is just not an ideal pathway?

Terri--you mentioned bentonite clay. How much did Ruth take? I'm gagging at the thought of ingesting that powder, but at 2AM with the gurgling getting louder, I'm desperately eyeing the container in my medicine cabinet. It's labeled for face mask (beauty product) but is pure clay. Perhaps Ruth had it in pill form--that would make more sense.

KristyAnn--any physical symptoms of potassium/magnesium deficiency? or it just shows up on blood work?

Kriss--Looking forward to a report of your appointment this week and the results of the blood work. This is your first blood draw, right?
9 nodes +
DD AC/T
Tried lumpectomy 2x Failed
Bilateral Mastectomy 3/07
Radiation 33x
Lupron + Tamoxifen for 3 months
Herceptin started 6/07
Ooph + Femara 7/07
Zometa
Neratinib Trial 1/10
carykim is offline   Reply With Quote