View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #24
Sandra in GA

Re: Neratinib Clinical Trial

Kriss,
When I was on Tykerb, I had problems, but they were not as severe as yours. I learned to take two imodium along with one Lomotil as the very first sign of a cramp. I had no diary and went on a low fiber diet. I could not eat fresh fruits and veggies. If you Google "low fiber" diet you will find some helpful information. The only green vegetables I could eat without problems were green beans and asparagus. I also switched to white bread as whole grain did a number on me also. Basicially, I just stopped those healthey habits I had developed as far as eating fiber was concerned. My dosage had to be lowered, but I feel that I was very lucky to have the opportunity to take the drug. I also found that a baked potato usually gave me no problems. I basicially ate meat, bread, and potatoes. Good luck and keep adjusting your diet. I took my last Tykerb Nov. 17th and within two days my stomach that I had had for a year completely disappeared. I am now eating fruit, veggies, and drinking more milk that I need. You will be too!!
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote