View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
Audrey

Maryanne and Diane, I remember feeling that way, too, when my year of herceptin was up. I was so used to going to the clinic every week--for 52 weeks, it was hard to just "quit cold turkey" like that...My last Herceptin was in March 2003, so it's been 3 years already and I'm doing great--(diagnosed in 2001, Stage III, large tumor, 11+ nodes, er/pr-...) although it was scary going off of it at first, it gets easier and easier as time goes on. Remember, herceptin and other treatments will still be there if you should ever need them again in the future...Just wanted you to know you are certainly not alone in your feelings and it does take some time to adjust to life after treatment is over--you know your onc. and nursing staff are just a phone call away if you have any questions, and of course, this website is always a great place to go and share your concerns, fears, etc. I think there are also a few great books out there about this exact subject--coping with life after breast cancer treatment--you can probably find them at your local library and see if they're helpful to you...Congrats on nearing the end of your treatment!
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote