View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #125
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation Calling all stage iv sisters

What I've learned since my initial bc dx, and the recurrence -- and what I believe to my core, is that what you want already exists. It blows my mind, but we are each empowered to do more than hope and pray (which are essential as well for sure!).

I saw a troubled young boy on Oprah once who'd been through great emotional upheaval in his young life and had a lot of wonderful therapy. This little boy said (what he'd learned through his trials) DON'T HOPE. DO!

Whatever we focus on all day comes to materialize in our lives. That's both the good news, and the bad. But YOU have the power to harness that.

Granted, it is darn near impossible to wrestle your thoughts, but it can be done. We can consciously choose what we want to be thinking. We have the power to do that! I AM STRONG, BRAVE AND DETERMINED is my mantra. Not that I think I am the first two, but they are precisely what I strive to be. I want to show my daughters how to face adversity, to reach for grace. To be able to find joy and even peace KNOWING what you desire is being magnetized to you by your loving, compassionate, generous, giving, appreciative, forgiving Truest Self. I see myself as a Soul, or a Spirit, with a mind and a body. And that is exactly how I see others...

Brave is not the absence of fear, it is doing what you have to do anyway. I listen to my Inner Voice, which I believe is my divine, God-given Spirit, or Soul. I trust it implicitly. It is the Essence of who I am. It KNOWS and guides me, protects me and loves me more than any one could possibly ever do. It is full of the energy of my sacred Source. It only wants what is best for me.

(Whereas the voice in my head is out for itself and maligns and messes with me, taunting and haunting me.)
I once thought I was the helpless receiver of it's jabs, but now I KNOW I can banish those thoughts. I won't allow them to invade my mind and poison my life.

HEALTHY AND WELL are the words I program into my head each day, instead, as a clear message. The body follows the commands it hears from you. That's its job. I don't want the voice in my head dictating my life. I want to take charge. And whenever I think about that, I realize I am choosing to connect with my Spirit, and let it lead the way. That is the True Me.

Keep making your Intention and Expectation vividly clear, to your body, and to the Universe! Both will respond in kind. Positivity begets positivity. And negativity calls more of the same.

I am sending loving, healing energy to each and every one of you...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote