View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
jml

Re: OMG -Panic! Missed insurance premium...now coverage terminated!

Thank you everyone again. Yes, Bonnie, the credit union was the hang up, so now I've decided that I'm going to have to make the 20mi drive to my own credit union to make deposits rather than the "convenience" of going to the affiliate around the corner from my house.
The verdict is still out on whether or not they're going to reinstate me or not, but with the help of the folks at the insurance company they walked me through how to expedite applying for reinstatement and I authorized them to electronically draft 3 months ($$$$)worth of insurance premiums to cover the month that was missed, this month and next month. The lady that helped me was very patient and kind, said she would go talk to the underwriters about my circumstances. I'm still a little scared because I always anticipated my insurance co. would LOVE to drop me since the cost of my care is so expensive vs what I pay each month. I've never had problems getting any procedures or treatments approved and their customer service is always helpful. Keeping fingers crossed...
In addition my mortgage didn't get paid either, so I was scrambling for cash to deposit to cover that and now owe my best friend $300.
My family already pays the 1st mortgage on my condo, I pay the 2nd, plus all my out of pocket healthcare expenses.And I've always been very proud that I have been self sufficient enough to do so. I don't want to be a burden to them and I want to be able to work as much as I'm physically & mentally able. But it's definitely hand to mouth.
Just another compromise and a sacrifice, losing our independence & livlihoods to accomodate this disease.

The Good News of the day is I finally feel some hair nubs growing in after losing my hair for the 4th time, this time due to WBR!

Jml
Keeping the Faith~
Jml
jml is offline   Reply With Quote