View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #202
No More Tears

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

Diagnosed stage 4 on Oct 26, 2010 with bone mets. I had a weird experience. The bone mets had caused a pseudo-stress fracture of a vertebra, the pain was so bad, I couldn't get out of bed in the morning, my husband had to lift me out. I had to be lifted on and off the toilet! Had my first chemo in early November, after not being able to move on my own for 2 weeks at all. Got out of the chair after a 4.5 hour infusion on my own! It started working that fast-no one could understand it but I could get in and out of the car the day after my first chemo!

They declared me in full remission after my second chemo in Dec. 2010. Onc could no longer feel the HUGE lump that had been there. Onc is predicting that I will go 4 or 5 years without having to change medication, however he assures me that if anything does come back, there are "12 other drugs we can use". He had one patient who was stage 4 and lived 23 years. She died at the age of 80+ from cardiac issues not related to cancer!

Finished the chemo, had a masectomy in April 2011, and now get herceptin and zometa every three weeks. Just had my bi-annual bone and PET scans and am still NED and feel great!