View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
Rolepaul

Re: the REALLY REALLY good news and the bad news (her2 stats outside clinical trials)

Lani,
I think this whole site needs to write to I-spy for the Bone marrow analysis. I know that Nina is sampled every way you can think of but not for bone marrow aspiration.
The percents I quote are from researchers that are getting their stats together. The stats from twenty years ago for non-herceptin treatment were done from work that pushed Herceptin to market. I know they are out there but would have to use my resources that are in short supply right now. I am not one to back away a situation, but might have to put this one on hold for a few weeks due to too many irons in the fire.
I know that there are a lot of people to fight this disease, and there is money, and there are tools. We just do not seem to understand how to define the direction and what we want to have for progress. At this point, I want to have people treated, not without investigating, but also not letting people die by indecision and not trying. The lifeboat we put in the water is for the people on this boat trip, not on other boats. Research helps to get direction, but it does not help you to paddle. Right now, we might not see the island, but we can see the shorebirds. I want to paddle towards the shorebirds.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote