View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 08:43 PM   #14
lisahammo

Hi Lynn

I was first dx in Aug, 2003, with a recurrence to the liver in July, 2004. I am currently having my third lot of chemo in 2 1/2 years. In all that time, I have never vomitted. Yes, I get tired, but I was dreading heaving into the toilet bowl. It has never happened. My onc is fantastic, and makes sure that I am never sick.

When I was told I had a recurrence, I was devastated, of course. I truly thought I had about 3 months to live. It is now 2 years later, and you would not know I was sick (apart from no hair!). People are constantly amazed when I tell them how much chemo I have had. I really believe that it helps NOT to know what the prognosis is. Otherwise, I feel, you will just sit and wait for that moment to come, and not fight the damn thing.

I agree with the others that you must find a good onc, who will listen to you and do what is best for you as an individual, not just follow the "usual" treatment plan, and look at the basic stats.

You are lucky to have found this website. These women are amazing, and give so much support and love. Apart from this inspirational website, I know 2 women at my chemo unit who have been battling this disease for 25 and 15 years. Both with extensive mets at various times. They really do inspire me to keep on fighting. Yes, it is scary, but the alternative is just not acceptable.

Good luck, and take care.

Love Lisa
lisahammo is offline   Reply With Quote