View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #5
chrisy

Oh Lynn, I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this - I know how scary it is, especially after hoping/expecting the beast to be gone forever! It's not over. Don't give up hope.
You are not alone. And so far you ARE a survivor - you just have some more battles to fight. And you will fight them.
Don't let anybody put a time limit on you - especially before you have even begun treatment! Nobody knows how many days, months, or years you have! There is so much hope - including many on this board who have beaten the beast again and again and are SURVIVING stage IV disease long past their "expiration" dates. I hate it when they try to take away our hope!
There are many treatments available, and new research emerging daily on targeting Her2 as well as other pathways. Things are changing, and as some on this board like to say, "we are writing the new story"

Some advice - get yourself to the BEST oncologist you can find for a second opinion; someone who is current, specializes in your situation, and most importantly, who you trust and who will join in the fight with you.
Second, get as much information as you can - this site is full of experts and you can get a lot of information here alone!
Finally, anything that you read that is dated before the past 5 years is ancient history - especially statistics!

Don't give up.
Hugs and prayers
Chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote