View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
jml

Re: H0-ho-hope someone has some PERJETA feedback...

So glad to be on Perjeta, but the GI issues I'm having are really distressing!
I had my first infusion on Thursday, 1/17 & 36 hours later had the most horrendous episode of the Big D! I felt like I was prep'ing for a colonoscopy. The next day was pretty precarious, with multiple bathroom trips, but since then nothing nearly as disasterous. Thank GOD it happened in the middle of the night in the safety of my own home and my own bathroom.
I've been afraid that each time I eat that I'll have a major episode, but thankfully that hasn't happened.
However, I have since been struggling with major GI discomfort - not nausea, not gas pain, though I do have a majorly bubbly belly after eating, but like my intestines are on fire. I wouldn't be surprised if things are inflamed from all the GI distress, but I'm not sure how to address it, ie- what pain meds will help? I've taken a half an oxycontin at night so that I can sleep, but there's no way I can do that during the day.
I'm hoping and praying that this is just part of the Perjeta "learning curve" and that my body will accomodate AND RESPOND. Even if these episodes only last for a couple of days after each infusion, at least I can plan appropriately. It's the "unexpected" that is so troubling!
Thanks for sharing your experiences...we are laying new ground with our real time response to this drug for those that will follow in our path, including our doctors & care givers who are learning as we go too.

Keep the Faith~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote