Thread: Side Effects
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #5
horsegrl

Hi again,

Just so you all know. I am 38, diagnosed in Oct 04, 2 lumpectomies because of diry margins the first time, told 2.4 cm, Her2+++, lymphovascular invasion, ER/PR-, node-, AC 4 cycles, 33 rads finished in early June. I went to my Onc for a follow up June 27th and she told me about how they are now giving the Herceptin to the rest of us. I thought I was done with all treatments, it was a shock. I instantly thought of the "Chemo room."I have to get over the mental side of the chemo treatments so I can focus on this wonderful oportunity with Herceptin. I always felt very sick the first day of chemo treatment and was on the bed for atleast 5 days following.

Peggy,
Thank you for the reply. Will they be giving you all the meds at once for all three cancers? This must be a confusing time. I wish you well and good luck to you too on the 14th.

Joy,
Thank you for the info. It makes me feel much better. I looked at the Genentech website and read about the side effects and that is why I started to get worried eventhough my doc said it was a piece of cake.

Janet,
Thank you for you reply. Good luck to you too.