View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
eva9310

Re: Pulling the plug on chemo - Neuropathy - Thoughts

Thank you all for your replies, I would say mine is severe, the bottoms of my feet now hurt just to walk on carpet. I can't walk on the pool deck and haven't for several weeks without shoes. Shoes bother me, I'm up all night trying not to claw my skin off. It's moved to all the folds of my skin, elbows, knees etc. The worst days are yet to come, tonight and tomorrow will start the bad days of itching. Oh my face is a total wreck now too.

I'm not sure why I was arguing with her, probably fear, but she knows what she's doing, they are some of the best docs in the country. I need to listen more, just like all my angst with surgery. I don't know who this person is that I've become. I'm normally not like this.

Time to listen to my docs and make the best decisions I can based on the information they have available for me and my case.

I'm going to drop the chemo, just yesterday alone I opened 3-4 new wounds from scratching even though my nails are cut as short as they can be.

Also, can cipro (antibiotic for UTI) cause a yeast infection?? If so I can add that lovely gem to my list of issues right now. Hard to tell since my skin is just so sensitive right now.

I'm not a doctor and I have found peace with that.

Thank you all for being so supportive and offering any and all advice and experience that you have to share.

Age 41: IDC Stage 2B - Left Breast Only
Two tumors 4.5 CM & 2 CM, 2 Nodes Positive
ER/PR Negative, Her2 Positive, Ki-67-80%
DX - Early May 2014, MD Anderson
A/C X4 Chemo Started May 28, 2014 - Done!
Ultrasound after A/C shows small tumor gone, Nodes Clear!
Taxol x 12 Weeks - Halfway Done!
Herceptin & Perjeta X 4 With Taxol - Halfway Done!
Herceptin X 9 months every 3 weeks after surgery
Double Mastectomy w/ Tissue Exp 11/15/14
Will wait for pathology report to determine rads! Hopefully not!
eva9310 is offline   Reply With Quote