View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 01:03 PM   #11
Catherine

Am I stupid?

Breast health awareness is for ALL breast cancers. My type of cancer needs more money for research. Grants are needed to allow researchers to look more into this side of breast cancer illness. We trash pharmaceutical companies for outrageous profits, the media never looks the other way, the consequences of not doing the research and bringing new drugs. The process for approval of drugs is long . Without future research, I will die. How would you like to live with that sword on your head?

I may have taken the above quote out of context, however...am I stupid to not think that I am going to die because of my HER2 DX??? I am commenting on the letter to the LA Times. Am I stupid thinking that my through treatment with chemo, surgery, radiation and a year of Herceptin gave me a very decent chance at "long" time survival? Yes, more reserach and more info about HER2 DX would be wonderful, but in the meantime...do others think they are going to die?

Sorry to be so frank with this question, but this statement scared me. Please let me know what you think. Thank you in advance for your comments. I am not propeller head.

Greetings to all, Catherine

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote