View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #43
NEDenise

Re: NEDenise Downer Alert!

Ann - I feel your pain (from the fall at least). Feeling older than my years sucks! Dirty house sucks too... but I'm learning to live with it.

Doc called yesterday... among other things I'm sure...
I have a UTI that wasn't showing overt symptoms because of all the steroids.
Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I actually think my blechy-ometer score might be a tiny bit lower after only one hefty dose of Cipro.

God! Wouldn't it be AWESOME if all this latest crap were related to something as easy to fix as an infection!?
I still have to have all the nasty tests to rule out other, more terrifying possibilities...
but... a little hope to hang my hat on is a beautiful thing.

You know me... hate going to that "dark place"... worrying about my beautiful boys facing young adulthood without the unconditional love of Mom. Nothing can replace that, and I'm just not willing to let that go!! They may look like men at 14 and 16... but they're still my babies.

So... sick reality that we all embrace around here... I'm actually cheered up by a raging infection... I don't even care if it's spread to my blood! Still waaaay better than the alternatives on the short list and the scary mention of WBR again.

The weaning is on hold though. Fall risk is too great (trust me... it's like watching a baby learn to walk... people want to stand behind me to catch me!) So I'm back to 8mg/day with some talk of even bumping that higher next week if need be. Whatever! Again, with the waaaaay better than the other terrifying alternatives thing!

So friends... thanks for checking in and for all the encouragement.
I hope all of this isn't TMI...
but...
I guess no one has to read if they don't want to...
and maybe all this shared info will help someone else down the line... at least I hope so.

Love to all! Hugs to those who need them most!
And prayers... lots of prayers!
Denise
Attached Images

NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote