View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #13
Bill

Re: How to be Annoying

In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor thing, but I get irritated when the person in the checkout line at the grocery store ahead of me doesn't put down that plastic stick divider bar thing that's supposed to go between their groceries and mine. I'm a patient man, a very patient man, so I wait, but once that conveyor slides forward, and a space is created, it should be the obligation of all civilized creatures to reach out and grab that damn plastic "thing" and place it between my stuff and yours. Once that space appears, and the person ahead of me does nothing, and refuses to make eye contact with me, I patiently count to 6 and a half and reach over myself, which I really shouldn't have to do, and grab that damn stick and slap it down hard enough to be heard all around town. At that point, there's plenty of eye contact, but I get my point across. And when someone gets in line behind me, I throw that stick down as soon as they have room to lay a carrot down, and say, "there you go, lass, that'll get you started". Maybe I didn't really get the point of Lee's thread.....after re-reading this post, it seems like I'm the annoying guy.....I just wanted to contribute to Lee's thread and add a little grease to the wheels of society....