View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #12
madubois63

Keep 'em coming!!!! here's a few more...

One morning, my (now ex) boyfriend's niece was playing with a ball of bakery string (remember the old days??). Her mom asked where she got it, as she didn't have any in the house. Little Nicole said the man from her room gave it to her. Well, Rose almost hit the floor. Long before Nicole was born, Rose's dad had been sick and died in what was now Nicole's room. He had always collected the bakery string, made littles balls of it and always carried some with him...Nicole said he would come and visit her at night and tuck her in all the time.

One day while taking to my young son (several years ago), I was trying to explain something to him. He looked at me very seriously and said, "Oh, I remember that from when I was big before..." Freaked me out...

I have had MANY little visits from angels over the last few years. They come to tell me everything will be okay or just to remind me that they are around looking after me. I met Holly on the aol boards a few years back. We had many IM sessions and e-mails back and forth. One day while getting chemo, I overheard another patient talking to someone else about the support group she frequents on line. I asked her which one and she said aol. We exchanged screen names and realized we had "known" each other for some time. We became chemo buddies and would go out together from time to time. Holly got very sick very quickly and passed away before I was diagnosed with leukemia. At my darkest moments, I would find "pennies from heaven" everywhere. We had talked about pennies from heaven before, so I knew it was her. One day, I changed the sheets on my bed, went to sleep and woke up the next morning. I pulled the covers back, went to the bathroom and when I got back, there was a penny right in the middle of my bed. Everyone was sleeping, so I know it wasn't my kids. Okay, this was weird enough, but the same thing happened the very next morning. Same thing, got out of bed, went to the bathroom and came back to find a penny right in the middle of the bed. On the third morning, instead of a penny, Holly's husband called me. He was very upset and missing his wife so much. I told him that Holly had been visiting me and it just made his day. He was so happy to hear that she was saying hello.

I have made a lot of dear friends from the boards and have been lucky enough to meet some in person and create "real" relationships beyond the boards. Stephanie (not Steph from this site) and I met and became really good friends. She lives about 3 hours away, so we didn't get to see each other to often. After meeting me, she met Vicky from the aol boards too. They lived closer and she became really close with her too. Vicky became very ill and passed away. Steph called me to tell me, and I told her I already knew. She asked me how, and I told her that Vicky visited me that morning and left something for her. Same thing as Holly...I woke up, went to the bathroom and came back to crawl back in to bed. This time, there was a tiny little gold cross in my bed. Steph said that Vicky kept a tiny gold cross in her bible as a book mark and that she had it out the last time Steph had seen her in the hospital. I of course gave the cross to Steph...

I am sure I have more, but that's it for now...
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver