View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #28
IRENE FROM TAMPA

Re: Irene From Tampa

Hello all -
Thank-you for your mssgs of love & support for Irene - all of which I've read to her. Here's today's entry at Caring Bridge:

Another quietly eventful day.......
Following a good nights sleep, Irent built on yesterdays interaction by eating a good, multifaceted breakfast. A little bit of everything. (Yes - the towel did the trick again!)

Mid-moring she enjoyed a relaxing session with a Healing Touch therapist. I'd offered to help, but both Irene and the therapist
thought the better of it...

Andrea showed up just as Irene was finishing off a really good lunch and she served up some spanish "sugar laden" deserts (I wont try spelling them...but think really strong coffee....and some flan.) Irene's developed quite the sweet tooth.

A measure of Irene's returning strength & spunk:
As I was testing/tasting various food items for temp and deliciousness (she has high standards) she told me to stop eating her food! Needless to say, we had two trays worth to pick from, so she didnt go hungry!

When I left to come home and get some things, we were waiting on the physical therapist - to continue working Irene's left side which remains challenged. We're hopeful that reduction of the brain tumors plus PT will result in good things. If you were lacking a direction for your positive vibes...have at it.

Thats about it...but for the following:

Since Maxx & Mollie have been mentioned so frequently and since they're such a large part of our lives, I've added a few recent pictures of them as well. They wait anxiously at home for Irene return. Many thanks to Liz for taking such good care of them in my abscence. Some people just have good hearts and never disappoint.

And lastly......

Thank-you Betty for the ingenious tips of how the towel can be utilized to its fullest! I wont promise it'll be handled that way - but it'll go on the list.....wayyyyy down the list!

You all be well - John
TREAT: STEM CELL REPLACEMENT/HERCEPTIN.
2002 - RECUR TO LIVER
TREAT: NAVELBINE, THEN GEMZAR, THEN XELODA.
2004 - TUMORS STILL IN LIVER
TREAT: RFA TO LIVER
STABLE UNTIL
2004 - TUMOR PROGRESSION IN LIVER.
TREAT: RESECT HALF OF LIVER.
2005 - RECURR TO LYMPH NODE OUTSIDE OF LIVER.
TREAT: TAXOL/CARPO/HERCEPTIN. FAILED ON
THIS TRIO. STARTED ON ABRAXANE.
2006 - PROGRESS WITH 2ND TUMOR GROWTH.
TREAT: AUG. BEGAN ON TYKERB/XELODA
TRIAL. CONSIDERED STABLE TO DATE.
2007 - TAKEN OFF OF TYKERB/XELODA TRIAL DUE TO
PROGRESS STARTING TYKERB/AVASTIN.
NOV 2007 - SCANS SHOW PROGRESS TUMOR GROWTH
IN ABDOM. AND TWO NEW TUMORS IN NECK AREA.
BEGAN HERCEPTIN/AVASTIN/TAXOTERE
Feb 08 - Ixempra/Xeloda
June 08 - Her/DM1 trial

"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY."
IRENE FROM TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote