View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #16
mamacze

Glad you posted!

Hi Greg,
I am so glad you decided to transition from a "lurker" to a "poster" -welcome!
I am not sure my voice will add much to the wisdom you already have here - but I would like to surround you both with a virtual hug - now is a scary, uncertain and focused time for you both. The fear of side effects before the first chemo is very high.
All I can offer is experience; I am er/pr - and her2+++ I was diagnosed with Stage 4 at the get-go, with mets in all 4 lobes of my lungs and my liver. I had a first go around with Herceptin and Navelbine - and have been on maintenance Herceptin since. I also participated in the U of Washington vaccine clinical trial. I became a vegan and have worked my way up to 1 hour of aerobic exercise per day. I have been NED (no evidence of disease) since that fateful day of Stage 4 diagnosis in April 2004, and am still going strong.
You are in the right place - you will learn - and in time contribute.
Love Kim from CT

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote