Thread: its back
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 05:32 PM   #46
donocco

Re: its back

Donna

Radiation does sound like a possibility. Like anything with cancer it is somewhat of a crap shoot. Some patients respond extremely well others dont.

This may sound crazy but Ive been thinking this way so lo ng Ive long " losyt my rocker " and cant tell the difference anymore. There is something in cancer called the copper zinc ratio. If you were to take a blood test and get the results for copper and zinc blood level (I think it is measured in microgram %) you probably would have a copper zinc ratio of 1.5 or higher. With cancer the copper levels rise and the zinc levels drop. Look up the copper/zinc ratio for yourself. I always wondered if normalizing it by taking zinc supplements and raising the zinc blood level would be helpful in a adjunct to treating or even preventing cancer as this would lower the copper/zinc ratio.

I worked as a pharmacist 43 years ago at a big cancer hospital and it was
an experience. For years I had a cancer "scare" I wont go as far as to say phobia. Ill take it shorter than I want. I have benn taking zinc supplements (my Dr. knows; she shrugs her shoulders) as a possible cancer preventitive and raided my ratio to a good level. Will this be a preventitive? Who knows. It cold make the situation worse. The slow pace of progress with cancer has made me shrug my shoulders. As a treatment for cancer making things worse
is possible. Very possible. Cancer cells use zinc also as a cofactor for enzymes etc. If you find yourself interested you can discuss this with your oncologist. Dont self medicate with over the counter zinc.

Paul

Forgive any misspellings
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote