View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #10
DianneS

Re: Bilateral mastectomy support group

Celeste,

I am amazed at your panache! When you say you are a dancer, what kind of dancer are you? My daughter is an exotic dancer, until she finishes her RN degree. I think it's wonderful that you have a self image and self esteem that allows you to get up in front of people, braless....and not care what they think. You definitely have the right attitude. I think I just need time to come to terms with my 'new' body after having the old one for 55 years I don't want reconstruction either - too much pain & I can't have one anyway due to ovarian surgery. I don't think I want implants either, which is much less surgery than recon but still painful. Thank you for your post...you're right about being a sexual being. It's all in how one projects. I'm still trying to figure that out...and not be embarrassed in front of my husband.
Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote