View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #11
KsGal

Re: Has anyone gone on disability?

Sheila and KM, I sure think it is wonderful that you are able to do that, and at first I thought that was what I wanted to do too. Then of course, the reality of my situation set in. I don't have a husband with an income who can carry insurance on me. The COBRA on my insurance would be extremely expensive, and only last a year, I believe. So basically I would be getting minimal income and state insurance for the first two years (MediCaid). So, Im pretty much scared to death of losing my insurance, wanting or needing treatments that state won't cover. I see the bills for my chemotherapy, and they aren't pretty! lol As much as I would like to do the quality time with my kids (they are teenagers), just being a housewife, cooking up some yummy meals, maybe grow a garden, take some classes at college, etc...I think that for me it is going to have to wait for a while. This disease is so awful, because you honestly don't know what kind of shape you are going to be in a few months down the road. Ideally I would like to say I will work this year, and then maybe be done with it, but I don't know if I will be able. Everything is always so unpredictable. Im hanging in there, though, and
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote