View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Colleen007

Re: anyone on navelbine / herceptin?

I have been on Herceptin and Navelbine for over 3 years. Biggest side effect for me was low white counts so I get Neupogen and Neulasta shots afterwards. I get the Navelbine 3 weeks on/1 week off. Herceptin is also available in 1 week doses, so I get that with the Navelbine so that my "off" weeks are truly off (when I started with the 3 week doses of Herceptin, there were times when I'd have to still go in on my off week from Navelbine to get the Herceptin).

It is inconvenient to go in just about every week for the infusion, but with each scan showing that it has been workig well for me, I continue.

Best of luck to you - this is a very tolerable combo and my hair has completely grown back.
ER-, PR-, HER2+
Taxol/Herceptin/Zometa started Dec-2005. 11 cycles of Taxol.
Sept-2006: PET/CT scan of mets to liver, spine and femurs - Stable. Activity in R breast & mediastinum (not seen in prior scans).
Navelbine (3 wks on/1 wk off) as of Oct--2006 & continued Herceptin (every 3 wks) & Zometa (every 6 wks)
Jan-2007: PET/CT Scan - Stable. Continued Nav. through March-2007, then Herc./Zom. only after that.
June-2007: PET/CT Scan - activity in mediastinum. Back on Navelbine as of July-2007.
Scanned Quarterly since Oct-2007 - a few small scares, but otherwise stable due to continuing weekly Navelbine, Herceptin and Quarterly Zometa.
Colleen007 is offline   Reply With Quote