Thread: Eyebrows
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
'lizbeth

Re: Eyebrows

@Kim,

Now I am curious. How long do the extensions typically last? and how does one maintain the extensions?

@conomyself - give it up! what is the name of the supplement for the kidney stones. Did it help the head hair to grow thicker? or just longer?

Everything is interconnected in Asian healing arts. I am still looking for the info and the liver and body hair in my textbooks.
Under the DYSFUNCTION OF THE FIVE ZANG VISCERA chapter of a translation of The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Medicine:

"The vessels correspond with the heart which manifests its essence in the facial complexion. However, the heart is controlled by the kidneys. The skin corresponds with the lungs, which manifest their essence in the body hair. However, the lungs are controlled by the heart. The tendons correspond with the liver, which manifests its essence in the nails and is controlled by the lungs. The flesh and muscles correspond with the spleen and manifests its essence on the lips and is controlled by the liver. The bones and marrow correspond with the kidneys, which manifest in the head hair and are controlled by the spleen."

"Overindulgence in salty foods will coagulate the blood circulation and will change the color of the blood. Overindulgence in bitter food will cause the skin to become shriveled and dry and the body hair to fall out. Overindulgence in pungent food can cause spasms, tremors, and poor nails. Overly excessive consumption of sour foods can make the skin rough, thick, and wrinkled, and cause the lips to become shriveled. Overindulgence in sweets will cause pain in the bones and hair loss. All these symptoms and conditions are a result of overindulgence of the five flavors."

"It is said that the heart is benefited by the bitter taste, the lungs by the pungent taste, the spleen by the sweet taste, the liver by the sour taste, and the kidneys by the salty taste. However, this never implies that one many overindulge."
Sometimes I confuse an Eastern & a Western theory. So I was aware poor circulation can cause a loss of body hair on the lower leg. I think of this as a bit of hair hypoxia - not receiving the nutrients it needs to survive. The Eastern connect the Lungs to body hair, but the essence of the liver is controlled by the Lungs.
I saw this interesting comment about the liver and hair online:
Once your liver is better able to process hormones, fats and toxins your hormonal balance will improve. Toxins will be eliminated from your system faster, meaning your body will have more capacity to deal with less essential jobs such as growing hair, rather than dealing with toxic build up.
In simple terms, the liver is the most important organ in the ageing process. If your liver is running really efficiently your body will be in better working order. It will be healthier and cleaner. That means your hair and skin will no-longer be neglected as much. There will be a greater abundance of nutrients available to grow hair as they will be needed less elsewhere. Your blood will be cleaner which will improve circulation and aid in the transport of nutrients to the scalp.
- See more at: http://www.nicehair.org/liver-hair-l....TdKJvXlR.dpuf

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote