View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #4
astrid

You have eight months to be eligible for the trial from the time you finish chemo. I see my ONC in 2 weeks and at that time, I will have my estrogen levels tested again. Right now I have not had a period since June and my estrogen levels show me in chemo pause. I am 48 years old, so I may really have been pushed in menopause. I am not eleigible for the trail unless I am truly pre menopausal. As, my estrogen levels are low, I am not worried about suppressing my ovaries. I am on tamoxifen and my breasts are smaller and far less dense so it seems to be doing it thing.

I want to tell you, that the lack of estrogen and the tamoxifen has NOT changed a great sex life. My husband and I just came back from vacation to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we made love almost every day. We have NOT done that since we were in our 20s. Most have been the south pacific air and water???