View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #28
Lisa1967

Re: How was your HER2 BC first found?

Had my mamo and ultrasound done in August, a week or so later I get a letter in the mail congratulating me of no signs of cancer present and not to forget to make an appointment for next year! Awesome I thought as two years ago (August 2009) I had breast cancer on my right side. That cancer was a walk in the park. Had a lumpectomy followed by radiation and what was to be a 5 yr treatment of Tamox (It was stage 2, er/pr+, her2-, no nodes)
Because my surgeon is a brilliant and wonderful man, when he received the reports from my mamo and syno he requested my films from the past 3 years. Low and behold he saw that calcifications were increasingly geared to one spot but not so that it would have been alarming to anyone else reading my films. He called me and explained that it was most likely nothing but nonetheless would like to do a biopsy.
So, biopsy is done and I get the "it's cancer call" This time not such a walk in the park (Stage 1, Grade 3, ER/PR+, HER2+++, no nodes or vascular involvement) Two years on Tamox did nothing at all for me :-(
What an amazing man, brilliant and caring man my surgeon is.....where would I be a year from now if he wasn't such a concerned Dr. ?

Hugs...Lisa
Lisa1967 is offline   Reply With Quote